Re: ubuntu one

On 04/04/16 14:39, Rodney Dawes wrote:
It's not an assumption. Sure, there will be a few who have never used
Android and don't use Google at all, who buy an Ubuntu phone. But most
are migrating from Android.
well true enough in part, most will be Ubuntu users who have Android handsets and want something more like Ubuntu. Some may be Ubuntu users who had iOS handsets and want something more like Ubuntu. I dunno if there are Ubuntu Phone users who don't use Ubuntu on the desktop, I suspect not many. It isn't a bad thing to support Google stuff well, lots of people use it, including me, however I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume that features that involve integrating Ubuntu Phone with Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server would be something that the userbase is in a position to take advantage of.
Google is also a complete service, for
which most all of the necessary code already existed, so it required
very little design and engineering work, and was included from the
beginning.