Re: ubuntu one

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM, Joseph Liau <joseph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday, April 4, 2016 1:43:35 PM PDT, Mitchell Reese <
> dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Caldav and carddav support seem two of the most requested sync options on
>> this mailing list - I'm surprised nothing is in the works to support them
>> yet. Yep, I get that Google is easy, but there are plenty of people that
>> don't want to be tied to their services.
>>
>> Both these sync protocols are very widely used, and should be integrated
>> into the base image.
>>

> I agree. Do you think that we can create a system that allows community to
> submit feature requests and application development for the mobile system?
> Then have it displayed as a list/queue.
> It could allow voting, which would move features to the top of the list.
> Those who are able could then get an idea of things to work on.
> It would be reasonable to not expect everything on the list to be
> implemented or picked up. But it would also give us the chance to clearly
> express and track what people would like to use the devices for.
>
> I.e. I think a lot of things get lost in the mailing list.

If there's a bug on LP already reported, +1 it.
If there's not, open a new one :)

That way, it could at least be more obvious when a bug or feature is
important for a lot of people. Of course it doesn't mean it WILL be solved
quickly, but at least it would provide information for more informed
decisions.

I think we'd all want to make a better use of the tool we already have.

--

Julia