Re: USB Tethering of Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition

With WLAN off (on the laptop), and running 'sudo tethering enable' on the phone, I get:

Device "rndis0" does not exist.
Error: Connection 'tethering' does not exist

After rndis enabled on the phone, then sudo tethering enable reports "Connection successfully activated (D-Bus active path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/3)

Same "Ethernet Network (Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition), Disconnected" greyed out situation on the laptop.

It seems to be "almost" working.

Hence my original query, as to which logs, files need to be investigated, edited, etc.

E.g. dmesg, or ?

I changed rndis0 to usb0 in the tethering script, as per this page http://askubuntu.com/questions/607073/tetherings-not-running-in-ubuntu-touch-how-to-solve-it?noredirect=1&lq=1

However, after that, running sudo tethering enable on the phone, gets
Device "usb0" does not exist.
Error: Connection 'tethering' does not exist.

reverting back to rndis0 gives "Connection successfully activated" but to what?