Re: Broken nexus 4, phone recommendations?

On 2017-01-18 08:49 AM, Daniel Drennan ElAwar wrote:
> The same exact thing just happened to me.
>
> I researched other phones until I found out it is possible to buy replacement screen/digitizers for the Nexus 4, as well as the replacement adhesive strips for it.
>
> I found mine on Amazon:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Teseko-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Assembly/dp/B01JU42V76/ref=pd_cp_107_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01JU42V76&pd_rd_r=MBDXK5RPEP00PJ0G0SN1&pd_rd_w=FKIRt&pd_rd_wg=d0tMN&psc=1&refRID=MBDXK5RPEP00PJ0G0SN1
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Pre-cut-Double-Side-Adhesive-Sticker-Digitizer/dp/B00L3JU430
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Touchscreen-Digitizer-Professional-Tweezers/dp/B00YA3DKVO/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1484757689&sr=1-4&keywords=adhesive+cell+phone+repair
>
> Much cheaper than a new phone; I really like my Nexus 4 and will refuse to upgrade until I am forced to. #Nexus4Life, as they say!
>
> You can find a million "how to" repair videos on YouTube. I watched a few of them until I had an idea of the whole process. It's pretty straightforward.
I have replaced the screen+digitizer before. You will also incur the
costs of the shipping and the tools required. I found better deals on
ebay than amazon.
If you go this route be very careful not to disturb any of the
circuitry, which I did :(

I ended up replacing the entire phone eventually. You can find
used/cheap Nexus 4 on ebay or swappa.com for about the same price as a
screen.

Also look into tempered glass screen protectors. It just saved my screen
a few minutes ago.