      From: "gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 1:34 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Future device support

I do think this is honest but a bit too brutal. I agree it would be much
better if Canonical were feeding back into the community and allowing us
to see that the wheels are still in motion. However for all its faults
the E4.5 running Ubuntu is a thing of beauty. Having flashed back to
android I have to admit I hate my phone. Nothing works in an intuitive
way, many things are no longer easy.

Phoning someone I get an alphanumeric keyboard. I need fingers the size
of toothpicks to accurately dial! Things that should swipe don't swipe
and settings which should be 'just there' are deeply buried.

Bluetooth works and that's great. The mobile hotspot has usage stats
which is pretty neat and automatically turns itself off when I
disconnect which is genius. But overall it feels more clunky than ubuntu
did a few OTAs back. So Canonical you are really, really on to
something. All we can do at this point is wait and hope that the buzz
surrounding the project can return given snap based images and some new
devices.