Re: Showcase device

Is there any ARM SoC that does not suffer from this (except Rpi to some extent)?

I recall a mesa + kernel driver for the Mali GPU (lima driver IIRC), but I'm not sure about it's current status.

In my opinion, this is the greatest issue with using linux on ARM devices. The drivers are far more closed than what we find on x86.

The fact that they claim to support some form of linux for some time (yes, it's probably binary blobs), could be a way to ensure Ubuntu touch support, at least for a while.

Cheers,

Francisco