Re: Idea: consider crowdfunding UBports project

Hello Matthias,

there will be new images for *all* official and unofficial devices soon (TM). This will probably not be a real OTA with a lot of new features, the most important goal is to seamlessly move everybody who wants to continue to use Ubuntu Touch to the UBports kingdom. Don't expect mind-blowing new features *right now*. There is some pretty awesome stuff in the works (dare I say Anbox?), but that's not our highest priority right now.

We're currently working on a) making Mir work with Wayland to be future-proof, b) taking over, forking or replacing canonicals infrastructure, c) modifying the Open Store to serve as a replacement for the click-store in the future (though the click store might stay in our images as long as it's still open, that's tbd), d) fixing some really terrible bugs (not a lot, because, you know, small team) and e) motivating the app-devs to not say f**k this i'm switching to Arch.

I'm not a fan of self-promotion, but since it might answer some of your questions, here's the link to yesterdays Q&A: https://blog.ubports.com/2017/04/15/community-qa.html

Here's to a bright (and hopefully not so distant) future of Ubuntu Touch!

Jan