14.04 Release Today

Greetings Ohio.

As this is sent, the release announcement for Ubuntu and its many flavors is not up yet.  Please take the time to download the 14.04 Long Term Support Release and to liberally seed torrents if you can.  So far Xubuntu 14.04 has been wonderful and I am an "apt-get dist-upgrade" away from transitioning off beta to final on my installed base.

Discs for distribution have **not** been pre-ordered.  If there is interest in doing a disc distribution campaign, please talk to the three Deputies about making a plan.  I will not order discs to just have lay around gathering dust.

Have a great Thursday.  Svetlana Belkin, James Gifford, Unit193...I leave the celebrations for you to lead.  Svetlana, please post a copy of this message to your blog with such comment as you deem fit.  My duties at work plus commute time prevent my celebrating much for this release on release day.

Stephen Michael Kellat
Point of Contact/Leader, Ubuntu Ohio
Member, LoCo Council

Follow ups