Re: Concerning UbuntuOne

Hi Tony,

Tony Willoughby wrote:

> I don't want to pile on, but I have had a similar experience.
>
> My main motivation for using the paid service was to financially support
> Canonical.  But the fact is that U1 has never worked for me.  I've given
> up and moved to Dropbox.  I might come back and try again in a year.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/443047
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/478352

Not to sound like a broken record but, I apologize for the inconvenience
Ubuntu One has caused you. When I originally looked at your log files
from the first bug, there wasn't anything there that seemed to indicate
that files weren't syncing properly. I should have followed up on that
bug. That is my fault.

Now we have bug 478352, which is causing the ~/Ubuntu One/home directory
get get marked as .u1conflict. Are you able to reproduce this issue by
any chance? The reason I ask is because the best logging information
will come when you have Ubuntu One set to DEBUG mode. This will provide
our developers with many more details about what the Ubuntu One
syncdaemon is trying to do in situations like this.

To turn on DEBUG mode, please do the following:

Open (or create if it doesn't exist) ~/.config/ubuntuone/syncdaemon.conf
 and add the following two lines:
[__main__]
log_level = DEBUG

Now restart the Ubuntu One client. This will provide much more verbose
~/.cache/ubuntuone/log/syncdaemon.log files for us to troubleshoot against.

Please hop on #ubuntuone on Freenode IRC if you have the time so we can
troubleshoot this in real time. Just type joshuahoover in there. I'm
normally on 14:00 to 23:00 UTC. Also, my Skype and GTalk addresses are
jhoover667 but I prefer to do things on IRC as that is visible to
everyone and we can get help more easily from others. :)

Thank you,

Joshua