Re: Logging into new Ubuntu One Website problems

Hello John!

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 11:29 +0100, John Matthews wrote:
> I am having problems logging into Ubuntu One website, I'm using Goggle
> Chrome, from Ubuntu 10.4. When I click the log in button it takes me to
> a page which asks if the nsame and username are correct, and I have to
> log in again. Click that, and it hangs......close the whole window,
> reopen U1 website, and I find the website open. The try relog in again,
> and I get this message:-
>
>  >>>>>>>Something has gone wrong (500)
>
>  >>>>>>>We've recorded this problem and it will get investigated with
> the logs. If this problem is urgent, please file a bug report and
> include this number: OOPS-ID-1575appserver49126
>
> Has anybody seen that error before? I am still having the same problems.
This particular error refers to couchdb timeouts that we are now
experiencing. The monitoring was set up this weekend to notice outages
that last longer than 5 minutes.
There are two sharding efforts - one to make syncdaemon faster and the
other one to distribute load for CouchDB access to more servers.

I am now preparing the tools that will allow faster processing of bug
reports that were filed during CouchDB outage.

These errors are not permanent, though. Do you get this problem every
time you try to log in?

> Plus, on my pc, when I open the U1 Box from System>Preferences...it has
> about 30 computers connected to U1. I only have three. It does say on a
> few which computers they are, but doesnt give a date when it was
> connected, so I have no idea, plus most have no information at all as to
> what computer they are. What is that about?
The list of machines that is displayed in ubuntuone preferences is
basically the same as on https://one.ubuntu.com/account/machines

The system currently allows several different pairing records for the
machine as the machine does not identify itself with any unique
identifier. There is a bug report about this issue - LP:537245[1]

--
Roman Yepishev
Customer Support Engineer, Online Services