Re: Will not ask me to add a machine to my account

Hey Marc,

I had a similar issue and see others are too.  You may find what
you're looking for here:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+question/109023

Specifically, the following:

-------< snip >-------
Some users have reported problems with finding the "Add Your Computer"
button in this process. We believe this is due to the Ubuntu One
Preferences application (step 1 of
https://one.ubuntu.com/support/installation/) not launching your
default web browser (quickly enough... or at all) in order to proceed
to step 2. If performing step 1 does not open your web browser (or a
new tab if you already have a browser open) within a few seconds,
please

    1. close the Ubuntu One Preferences application window (if it's
already open)
    2. open your Terminal (located in Applications >> Accessories)
    3. and type the following:

  u1sdtool -q; killall ubuntuone-login; u1sdtool -c

This should force a web browser to open and put you at step 2 of the
process. This is temporary measure so users can get up and running
quickly. We will implement a more permanent fix for this problem soon.

Hope that helps,
Eric