Re: live plot update during simulation

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:58:25 +0200)

> Permission issue on the last one (tutorial.pdf, but maybe Vaclav sent
> link to the same one already?).

actually this tutorial is from Vaclav's link :)

permission issue fixed :)

> Thanks!
> By the way, why do you keep hosting your files on geo? Do you think they
> like hot temperatures in Grenoble more than Polish weather? ;-)
> Just curious. I'm glad that the lab. is providing services to
> researchers after they left Grenoble, but I'm a bit surprised that you
> don't have similar support in Gdansk university or even your own server.
> After all, aren't we famous for network problems and random crashes? :-)

our university's server, which does the same thing as geo, is less
user friendly: It uses Solaris 8, and breaks as frequently as those
at Grenoble.

geo on the other hand uses ubuntu which feels almost like at home.

And connection spoeed to geo is about as fast as to our server,
despite the distance difference: 100m  vs 1000km :) About 10 MB/s,
which is crazy fast btw.

Hmm, I just like geo :-)
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |