Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2368: - Creation of KinemSimpleShearBox, new class containing the features common to the various Kinem....

Le 16/07/2010 10:09, Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
   pkg/dem/Engine/PartialEngine/KinemSimpleShearBox.cpp
   pkg/dem/Engine/PartialEngine/KinemSimpleShearBox.hpp
@Jerome:
((bool,LOG,false,"boolean controling the output of messages on the screen")) //FIXME : surely something better to use here
https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/prog.html#logging

Compile with log4cxx and use LOG_DEBUG for those messages.

Cheers, v.

Thank you, I just gave a look into this § yesterday (and also in http://www.mail-archive.com/yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00874.html), but I did not achieve anything...
I enjoy your mail to ask two first questions/remark about this :

- the sphinx § left me some doubts if the use of log4cxx in the compilation is really mandatory (as your remark and the thread in yade-dev seems to say) or not ? Because of "Regardless of whether the /optional-libraries/ log4cxx is used or not, yade provides logging macros"

- from the thread, I understood that I had to "activate" the log messages with (in python) log.setLevel(...) (or with the logging.conf), is it ? If yes, my point of view is that (this necessity to "activate" messages) is not completely clear in the sphinx §, do you agree ?

Jerome