Re: [Yade-users] Combining engines prescribing movement

For removing RotationEngine -- every time I used it it was to rotate a
particle along an axis somewhere else in the space, that will not work
with angVel.
Why not this?

vel=(P_axis-Pos).cross(spin*axis)
rotVel=spin*axis
That is exactly what RotationEngine does I think. I was just saying that unlike TranslationEngine, which can be easily replaced just by blocking translational DOFs and setting state.vel, RotationEngine cannot be replaced analogously by state.angVel, since rotation along foreign axis also involves translation.