Re: can't launch yade

/Starting program: /usr/bin/python /home/giulia/YADE/bin/yade-bzr2567 --debug -x/
Usage: yade-bzr2567 [options] [ simulation.xml[.bz2] | script.py [script options]]

yade-bzr2567: error: no such option: -/
/
Oops, that was a typo on my part, it should have been just -x (without the slash), sorry.

/Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x00007fffe6d4602f in OpenMPAccumulator<double>::OpenMPAccumulator() ()
   from /home/giulia/YADE/lib/yade-bzr2567/plugins/libplugins.so
(gdb) thread apply bt full
/
but I don't have anything after that.. I'm completely lost
Excellent! Had you run with --debug, you would get backtrace, but this is good enough already! I think I fixed it in the latest revision (2573). Do "bzr up" and re-compile, it should work. In the unexpected case that it does not, run again in the debugger and inside (gdb) run yade with --debug (with or without -x, that does not make much difference).

Explanation: since there is only one int division in OpenMPAccumulator constructor (by the constant CLS, cache line size, hardware-defined property of the CPU), it is apparently CLS that is not assigned correctly by sysconf(_SC_LEVEL1_DCACHE_LINESIZE) for your processor: it should be something like 32, 64, 128 but in your case it gives zero -- I guess that your processor model is too new for the system lib to know it (ubuntu 9.10 you said, right?). I added a check for zero value there, in which case 64 will be used as fallback.

Cheers, Vaclav