Re: Moving yade-users mail-list to forum

Personly, I'd prefer to keep it by mail. I have the habit to open my mail every day, but not to go to https://answers.launchpad.net/yade.

But yes, it's just a matter of habits....

Jerome

Le 24/11/2010 09:40, Anton Gladky a écrit :
Ok,

let's just ask users to ask questions on https://answers.launchpad.net/yade ?

Anton

2010/11/24 Václav Šmilauer <eu@xxxxxxxx <mailto:eu@xxxxxxxx>>

        What do you think about creating a small web-forum for
        yade-users instead of mailing list.
        Sometimes it is very difficult to find an answer for
        previously answered question in archive of ML.

    Hi, there is the answers interface at launchpad, which works quite
    well; contrary to most forums, one can mark a question as
    answered, resolved, invalid, or turn it in a FAQ. I would prefer
    to keep as much as possible at launchpad.

        Also, I think, it is more efficient and better indexed by
        search-engines.

    I would think they are both indexed the same...? At least I always
    found posts on the ML via google, if needed. Unfortunately,
    launchpad mailing lists are not (yet?) shown at gmane, which is
    excellent for searching archives.