Re: [Yade-users] Exception std::bad_alloc when a simulation is started

After some Yade iterations (more than about 600 000) I save a xml. Then when I reload this xml all is fine, but when I run the simulation, Yade is not able to iterates: the ram memory used increases until having the following message:

Yade [3]: 117953 FATAL yade.ThreadRunner /home/luc/Sim_DEM2/YADE_lbm/yade-0.50-lbm-dev_mainrepo/core/ThreadRunner.cpp:31 run: Exception occured:
std::bad_alloc

I use Yade 0.50, I tried to run Yade throught Valgrind and here is the result below. Have you got an idea where to look for to solve this problem?
Hi, the problem is in the collider (thanks for the valgrind log). I doubt it is an infinite loop, I would suspect incorrect initialization of bounds, then spurious interactions are created until RAM gets exhausted; but I don't have the 0.50 code at hand to check.

To be honest, I am not going to fix bugs in 0.50 (though I can help someone if necessary), that version was using yade::serialization which was much inferior to boost::serialization (in terms of both speed and robustness) used now.

If someone can reproduce that with more recent versions, then it will need to be fixed.

Cheers, Vaclav