Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2626: 1. Clean up NewtonIntegrator following the discussion on the list; adds 1st order damping for asp...

On 22/12/10 18:57, Václav Šmilauer wrote:

>> 1. It is not necessary to damp individual members motion (actually, I'm
>> not even sure it is safe). Damping the clump motion globaly before
>> moveMembers is enough.
>> 2. recording maxVelocities inside moveMembers would remove the ending
>> loop "FOREACH(Clump::MemberMap::value_type mm..) {
>> saveMaximaVelocity }"
>>
>> Tell me if you want to fix that or if I could.
> Please do the first one, thanks. I will have a look on the other one,
> to see what are possible interactions with the collider (no
> VelocityBins and such).

Ok.
For (2), you can just make moveMember work on only one member at a time.
In Newton, it will give :

FOREACH(Clump::MemberMap::value_type mm..) {
    moveMember(mm);
    saveMaximaVelocity(mm);}

Heh... You will not remove one loop in Newton actually, you will remove
it in moveMember!

Cheers.

B.