Re: Contact between two different materials

Hi Klaus,

It sounds correct. I think you are the first to do that.

I don't know if it will apply in your case, but note that it is possible
to make different materials interact without a Ip2_M1_M2_Phys functor,
as long as M2 inherits from M1 (or vice-versa).

See for instance:
https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Screenshots_and_videos#Representing_beams_and_wires_with_connected_cylinder

- spheres and boxes have FrictMat
- cylinders have CohFrictMat

Cylinders interact with the other shapes even though there is no
FrictMat_CohFrictMat functor.
Since CohFrictMat inherits from FrictMat, sphere-cylinder and
box-cylinder interactions will get FrictPhys from
Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys, and only cylinder-cylinder interactions
will be cohesive.
You could use the same strategy by making WireMat inherit from FrictPhys
(which would be logical if the WireMat interacts frictionaly with
spheres), if you think it is more convenient.

For the contact law, same remark: you need an additional contact law
_only if_ it will implement a new behaviour, else you can use one of the
existing laws (e.g. Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack is used for
cylinder-sphere interactions).

Cheers.

Bruno