Re: [Yade-users] [Question #151276]: montion of intruder in granular packing

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Bruno Chareyre
<bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You can move an imported body, rotate it, measure forces, affecting on
>> this body etc., but it can not move "itself" due to an interaction with
>> other bodies.
>>
>> If you need this feature, you have to created an "artificial" sphere,
>> give it material properties and put on this sphere the resulting forces
>> from the mesh. Then you measure obtained displacements and rotations of
>> this sphere and approximate those motions to your mesh. I think it is
>> possible.
>
> This would be a good candidate for blueprint, no? Is there a precise
> reason why meshed objects can't be dynamic?
>
> B.

I am doing something similar for one of my simulation. It works pretty
well. But Sergei is right, we will have problems with mesh-mesh
interaction.

But maybe we need one more engine to "couple" mesh objects with the
real body. Perhaps it will have a sense.

Anton