Re: Fixing the examples - youtube videos.

Jan Stránský said:     (by the date of Sun, 20 Jan 2019 21:44:29 +0100)

> > Also I see that https://yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial-examples.html looks
> very strange - the youtube videos are not shown
>
> I don't remember the reason (have read it long time ago), but the youtube
> videos does work using http (not https) in the address

It is getting stranger. I thought that I would try to configure
sphinx to always use http. But it turns out that this is not the case.
The http is used there.

Moreover, I compared my latest locally generated tutorial-examples.html
with https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/tutorial-examples.html
and they are the same.

Maybe the problem is because, as you say, there is https in

https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/tutorial-examples.html

while youtube videos are embedded with http ? Here's the snippet:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
        width="640"
        height="480"
        class="youtube-embed"
        data="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMfL8PGq-xQ";>
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMfL8PGq-xQ";></param>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
</object>

I just changed this into https. Can we try this on the site?

Is it uploaded automatically yade-dev.gitlab.io after a successful merge?

https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/merge_requests/44

Janek