YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE and Linking.

Hi

Perhaps yade-dev is a better place to discuss than a merge request.
I have submitted a small WorkInProgress MR for Programmer's manual:

https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/merge_requests/69

But two sections there are obsolete:

YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE seems to be obsolete. If I do this command:

  grep YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE . -r --color --exclude ChangeLog

in the source tree, I get:

  ./scripts/linkdeps.py:          m=re.match('^YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE\((.*)\).*',l)
  ./pkg/common/Gl1_PotentialBlock.cpp://YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(OPENGL)
  ./pkg/common/Gl1_PotentialParticle.cpp://YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(OPENGL)
  ./doc/sphinx/prog.rst:  YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(vtk);
  ./doc/sphinx/prog.rst:  YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(gts);
  ./doc/sphinx/prog.rst:  YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE(temporarily disabled 345uiysdijkn);
  ./doc/sphinx/prog.rst:The ``YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE`` macro expands to nothing during actual compilation.

which means that the only mention of YADE_REQUIRE_FEATURE is in
documentation, and that Chia Weng Boon tried to use it in
PotentialBlocks code, but it is commented out.

So should we remove this section? But why is it present in ./scripts/linkdeps.py ?

The next section about Linking is also incorrect, because when I do this command

  find -name "*.so" -exec basename {} \; | sort | uniq

in the build tree, I obtain:

_GLViewer.so
_customConverters.so
_packObb.so
_packPredicates.so
_packSpheres.so
_polyhedra_utils.so
_utils.so
boot.so
libyade.so
wrapper.so

which is different from what is described in https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/prog.html#linking

What should we do with this?

PS: I am not sure where I should post these concerns:

* https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/merge_requests/69
* https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/issues
* here, on yade-dev

Too many communication channels are not good. One has too monitor them all.

--
Janek Kozicki

Follow ups