Re: A question about YADE compilation and install

Feng, Chen said:     (by the date of Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:21:00 -0400)

> I wonder if this is the right place to ask such kind of questions,

yes! yade-users is especially dedicated for such kind of questions! You
are the first user brave enough to post hare a question, welcome!

and please subscribe here, to yade-users, because sending a BCC copy of
this email to your personal address is a little waste - if - for example
I would send my reply only to you - nobody else could read the answer.
And nobody could benefit from it :)

> I am a
> graduate student in DEM research in civil engineering, I am now trying to
> compile and install the YADE in my Fedora Core 4, however I kept receiving the
> message below for compile error after following the procedure provided in the
> homepage, I have updated boost to 1.33:

> g++: -lpthread: linker input file unused because linking not done
> g++ -c -pthread -lpthread -O3 -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/mkspecs/default -I.
> -I/home/joeu ser/YADE/include -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -o Preferences.o
> Preferences.cpp

oh, that should not be too difficult :) You are using gcc3.3, and you
forgot to set CXXFLAGS='-pthread -lpthread'

see here http://yade.berlios.de/index.php?m=700:60

PS: I should make a FAQ section soon, and questions about lpthread, and
openGL graphic acceleration (yep - you should have a graphic accelerated
card and drivers, otherwise you are only able to enjoy wireframe ;) will
be the first to put there.