Re: Compilation / Multiscale question

Ahmed ELMEKATI said:     (by the date of Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:11:26 -0800 (PST))

> I downloaded yade from the website. I was trying to install it on SUSE Linux
> 10.0 and I got the following messages
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:38019: Error: Local symbol `.LTHUNK0' can't be equated to undefined symbol `_ZN14PhysicalAction17getBaseClassIndexEi'

I haven't seen this error before. But you are the first to try yade on
suse. Currently we know that it compiles on debian,gentoo,redhat and
fedora.

What compiler do you use, what version?

This error above indicates that the compiler has some problems with
class inheritance, dynamic linking of classes, or such. I dunno, maybe
you can look in manual of your compiler whether flag '-rdynamic' is
supported.

>   I intend ti use YADE in a project for a Multiscale class that I am taking this spring.

very nice :)

>   Any idea how to solve this problem?

unfortunately not, yet. Maybe this weekend I'll try to install suse,
and compile yade on suse, to reproduce your error.

>   Is YADE currently capable of combining DEM and FEM?

no, there are plans to do that sooner or later, but I doubt that you
will have it for this spring.