Re: Modification in Cundall damping

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:46:35 +0100)

> Hello all,
>
> There is few modifications to be made in the equations of damping (force
> and momentum).
> The current equations are of the type : for i=1,...,3 { f[i] *= 1-
> damping * sign(f[i]*vel[i]); }
>
> in fact it should be : f *= 1- damping * sign(f.vel);  (where *= denotes
> product between vector and real and "." is the scalar product of two
> vectors).
>
> It can make a difference in some cases.
>
> If everybody agree, I'll try to correct this and commit the change to
> the SVN repository. In the meantime I suggest that everybody doing
> calculation with Yade change the corresponding lines in force and
> momentum damping engines. (Luc : does this little sphere roll to the
> bottom of the big sphere with these new equations?)

please commit this :)

I thought that this damping code was a copy/paste from SDEC, wasn't it ?

Perhaps I was discussing this with Luc Sibille and he confirmed that
this is a correctly copied from SDEC. I can't remember now ;)

--
# Janek Kozicki