Re: installing YADE 11.0 on SUSE 10.2

Hi,

first and foremost, qt-4 is not (yet) supported, you need qt-3. I don't know
what are package repositories for opensuse, but you better install packages
from there: boost-devel and qt-devel for those you mention.

If you nevertheless insist on non-standard paths (not recommended unless you
know well what happens behind scenes during compilation and linking), you
have to pass CPPPATH=... (path to .h files) and LIBPATH= (for lib*.so files)
to scons. You can also use QTDIR=... that will contain bin/, include/ and
lib/ for qt (version 3!).

(We hope to have an easy way to build .rpm packages soon, for rpm-based
distributions; it is experimentally in svn and perhaps in 0.11.1 as well.)

Vaclav