Re: changing transient contacts to persistent cohesive contacts

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:10:17 +0100)

> InteractingSphere2InteractingSphere4DistantSpheresContactGeometry (I
> know you love long names!).

New names are coming soon, check out the website. A red link in
front. The submitted articles already uses them. And after 6 months
there wasn't any negative feedback. I have sent at least two posts
about this to yade-dev ;-) Now it's too late if anybody has
objections :)

> So, the value of interaction->isReal is no longer defined based on
> geometrical properties. Instead of that, it has to be defined in the
> contact law, so that isReal==false ONLY IF the interaction is broken AND
> there is no overlap (see CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw).

very good. Instead of spatial criterion you are using a physical
criterion. That's how I wanted to make it ;)

> IMHO, persistent links could be completely removed from Yade.

they will be.