simulation definition

Hi,

 First, I am discovering Yade, so I think I will have a lot of questions...

By looking the structure of the file called scene.xml (created, for
instance, by the generator TriaxialTest), I understand that in the same
file are defined  the media (the bodies, here spheres) with the
geometrical and physical (or mechanical) properties and the simulation
that we want to perform (with is specific parameters).

My problem is the following one: a given simulation is linked here to a
given media, so can we do different simulations from a unique given media
? I give an example here after based on a triaxial test:

I perform an isotropic compression, after I stop the simulation and save
the result. I don't go further because I want to do different things with
this consolidated granular assembly.
Then I want to do a compression and an extension both from the state of
the media after the isotropic compression. So I perform a first simulation
(the compression) by using the consolidated granular assembly (the result
saved), then I perform a second simulation (the extension) by using the
consolidated granular assembly (always the same result saved).
I imagine that I cannot do that with Yade since the kind of simulation is
saved in the scene.xml file and reused (here the simulation "isotropic
compression" is saved and reused whereas I want to perform a "compression"
or an "extension").

Am I right ? What would be the different steps (in few words) to perform
the simulations described above?

  Best,

   Luc