[Question #705129]: Question about the development of polyhedral contact laws

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help with regards to building new contact laws for polyhedral particles. Specifically, I want to change the friction coefficient from a constant value to a function that varies with the contact force, like the HertzMindlinExtended function. I downloaded the source codes from the pkg in February 2023.

My questions are about the overall process of compiling the source code:

As far as I understand, I need to modify the laws2 and ip2 functions, which are both in the Polyhedra_02.cpp file. Does this mean that I only need to use the existing law2 and ip2 functions in Polyhedra_02.cpp as templates to build new functions, and then add the declaration of the new function to the hpp file? My main concern is that I am not particularly clear about the dependency relationships between functions in different files, such as the Ig2 function. My current idea is to copy the first 22 lines of Polyhedra_02.cpp into my newly written cpp file. Is this feasible?

After building the new function (law2,ip2), if I want to test the model, should I put the cpp file in the yade source file path and then recompile according to the method provided in the installation? Does this mean that I need to recompile the entire source code every time I make a modification? I saw that the programmer's manual mentioned debugging, but this is new knowledge for me, and I am not sure which part of it can provide guidance for my work.

Thank you very much for your attention, and I eagerly await your response!

xue