Re: [Question #707370]: relation between unbalanced force nd equilibrium

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

Quasi-static thresholds may be a matter of choice / patience before
publication in the DEM literature ;-)

One could for instance aim for unbalancedForce() being under 1%, e.g.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/nag.2774 or
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352380817300357

But I'm not sure I completely understood your question, since there is
no "gap" connection in my mind. If it is a matter of closing a hole by
pushing on a stack of particles, the more particles you have (if they
keep the same size when you change the number), the higher the force
sustained by the wall during closing the hold (the more the springs at
the particle-walls interface)