[Question #708247]: parallel processing

Hi all!
I am simulating geogrid soil interaction using YADE. My code is working, but it is taking a lot of time. Earlier, I was using my laptop with 8 gb ram, now I am using a system with 128 gb ram and 14 cores but the time it takes is still the same. I think the problem is it is using only one core at a time. I checked it by checking the memory use and it shows most of the memory as free.
I searched how could I use the available cores and got that 'yade -j14 filename.py' could help. but it doesn't seem to speedup the simulation.
kindly help,
Thanks!