Re: Using Zim as document editor

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 13:01:38 -0500, Little Girl <littlergirl@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> That should be under your control with the custom command you decide
> to use. If I'm understanding the purpose of the Custom Tools interface
> correctly, it's just an internal interface that lets you run commands
> from within Zim that you would have to run elsewhere otherwise.

I did some experiments and it seems that this is not a viable approach.
One of the reasons is that Zim does not recognize wiki markup when
receiving data from the custom tool.

For example a simple 'cat' filter, run on

    aaa
    bbb    <- this line is bold
    ccc    <- this line is italic
    ddd

turns the content into

    aaa
    **bbb**
    //ccc//
    ddd

which is clearly not desired.

I think what I would need is something more powerful, i.e. load/store hooks.

-- Johan