Landing team 16.09.14

Hello everyone,

We have promoted our first image from the ubuntu-rtm distribution! After
QA did promotion-wise exploratory testing of #44 (krillin) and gave us a
green light we decided to promote krillin's #44 and it's mako
counterpart - #41, to the ubuntu-rtm/14.09 channel. That's excellent
news as per our agreement we will not enter TRAINCON-0 but continue
normal operation. Yay!

To anyone that wants to have a stable and up-to-date Ubuntu Touch
device, please flash your devices with an ubuntu-rtm/14.09 image. As a
reminder: the stable-proposed images (those that have not yet been
promoted) can be found in the ubuntu-rtm/14.09-proposed channel.

As a reminder: we ask all upstreams to also look at our stable channel
smoketesting results (link can be found here [1]).

What to expect in this image? The list will be really hard to write up,
especially that the baseline is not well defined - as it is our *first*
RTM image that has been promoted. We also need to remember that all the
landings are mostly bug fixes, as the time for features has passed. But
let's try anyway:
 * MTP server fixes
 * Facebook chat notifications
 * Mir 0.7.1 (overlay enabled back again)
 * Unity8 support for nested prompts
 * New Ubuntu UI Toolkit
 * Tons and tons of fixes for core applications, main UI, scopes and
internal components

As mentioned by QA, this image seems to be the most stable ubuntu-rtm
image we ever had. Most blockers have been resolved (along with the
no-input unity8 lockup bug), with only more minor issues remaining.

We didn't promote any image from the utopic-proposed channel yet, but we
are considering that as well. So those of you still using devel (i.e.
utopic) will not see any new updates. But since QA mentioned that the
image is pretty good from the utopic side, we might do a promotion for
that channel tomorrow.

The list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/243.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/241.commitlog

#44 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/44.commitlog
#43 krillin
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/43.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results: [1]
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#243 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/243:20140916:20140903.1/10486/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

(See the issues dashboard for always up-to-date blocker status)

* Blocking issues:

** Video and Music scopes should provide non-file:/// based URIs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1340952
 => Merge requests present
 -> We might have to look into it more now.

** Sometimes suggestions fail to appear
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1365304
[Time counter 8/7]

* Known issues:

** Video freezes and doesn't recover randomly
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1314998
 -> Seems to be an old issue, but recently became much more easily
reproducible. Normally it would becone a blocker.

** initial account after creation transfers back to the settings app
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1367804
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

** Ubuntu Touch devices sometimes come up with hwclock set to 1970
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353591
 -> Critical issue, but we're working-around it temporarily to get a
promotion

** indicator-network crashing during dialer-app and default tests on
smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1355130
[Time counter 26/7]
[WHITELISTED]
 -> Reproducible all the time, no movement in over 7 days. Might be
whitelisted as per QA decision (as practically it does not affect the
users).

** Seekbar tests are skiped only on nexus 4 and 5
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1359040
 => Merge requests present
 -> Is this really a blocker? Comment needed.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx