Re: new natty installer up

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>

> finally i found the time to create a proper ubuntu natty image
> installer, instead of having to unpack the tarball yourself, it will
> just do that for you, you just need to flash the boot.img file and copy
> the tgz onto some device (SD or USB), once you boot, the installer will
> just do the right thing and finally boot you into the graphical config
> session.
>
> more details are at
> http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/README
>
> the bootimage can be found at:
> http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/boot-installer-2.6.37-1-ac100.img
>
> and the tarball at
> http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/tegra/2.6.37/ubuntu-natty-netbook-2.6.37-1-ac100-rootfs.tgz
>
> based on this installer we will build semi official ubuntu images of
> 11.10 (oneiric)
>
> due to many requests i got, i will also provide a headless (non X) image
> soon, so you can install a minimal commandline ubuntu system and add the
> desktop bits you want yourself.
>
> if you run into any bugs with the installer, dont hesitate to contact
> me.

The installer works fine but I'm afraid the installation is unusable
on my AC100.  I have it set to auto-logon and it always gets to the
Unity desktop and takes some initial input, but then two times out of
three it locks up and won't respond to the keyboard or mouse.  When it
does keep going, the mouse often loses sync and jumps all over the
place when you try to move it.  Switching to a VT and back sometimes
clears this.

I grabbed the image on Friday.  I'll look further - it seems mildly
more reliable if I switch to a VT early, wait for the desktop to
finish loading, then switch back.

-- Michael