Re: Linux For Tegra Release 12 Alpha 1

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 14.07.2011, 08:35 +0300 schrieb Leon Romanovsky:
> 2011/7/13 Nicolás Wolovick <nwolovick@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,

> >> this is packaged at
> >>
> >> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ac100/ppa/ubuntu/pool/restricted/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers-tegra/
> >>
> >> (note there are still bugs but it is pretty good for an alpha release
> >> already)
> >>

> > Did anyone measure how much faster it is than previous one?
> >
> > In my AC100, Android 2.2 surprised me a lot with all the smooth GPU eyecandy
> > that it was capable of.
> > The AnandTech article showed me a powerful GPU beneath
> > http://www.anandtech.com/show/4144/lg-optimus-2x-nvidia-tegra-2-review-the-first-dual-core-smartphone/5
> >
> > My current installation is http://salaliitto.com/~gildean/ac100/wiki/phh/,
> > and the video performance is really poor.
>
> With this package, the video will be poor either,
>
> Oli,
> Are you sure this is the same ? In release notes, Nvidia claims the
> working OpenGL ES and I assume the normal hardware acceleration too,
> I tried the PPA package with 1080p trailer and it was terrible
> experience :).

yes i am, there was only one release of that driver yet :)
it os the content of the driver tarball, there are no openmax codecs
packaged yet so video performance *is* poor, the GL with the system
integration is also not completely done ...

the package is being worked on as well as nvidia works on fixing issues
upstream.

ciao
	oli