Dead touchpad on AC100?

Hi,

anyone experienced a dead touchpad on the AC100?

When I visited the shop where I bought mine, the touchpad of their
demo device worked. When I finally bought mine, the touchpad of their
demo device did no more work (which is quite bad with Android ;-).

But at DebConf suddenly the touchpad of my AC100 stopped working, too.
Neither cursor movement nor button clicks work. Keyboard and external
USB mice work still fine.

As this has happened to at least one Android device and one running
Ubuntu Natty, this shouldn't be software related.

I also unpluged all power (PSU and battery) for 10-15 seconds, but
that didn't help either.

Could it be that the internal USB connector for the touchpad is loose
respectively not very stable? dmesg shows nothing with "touch" in its
name (anymore -- not sure what I should have seen)

I also haven't found anything about such an issue on the web.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxx>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin

Follow ups