Re: RAM Chip Model/Part Numbers or Spec?

Le 17/08/2011 14:35, Gordan Bobic a écrit :
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:25:38 +0200, Marc Dietich <marvin24@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gordan,

Has anyone got the model/part numbers for the Micron chips used in the
AC100? Or the spec of the chips? I'm trying to find some larger capacity
chips that will be pin compatible.

I forgot the extact number (must have been something like
MT42L64M32D1KL-3 IT)
but you will find out when you open it ;-)

Note: there is a special code on the chips which you need to
translate to the
partnumber (http://www.micron.com/support/fbga.html).

But I wonder how you will solder a bga...

Thanks Marc. I was hoping it wasn't BGA, but these guys have re-chipped
non-DIY things for me before:
http://www.retronix.com/

It'll probably cost a non-trivial fraction of a new AC100 (they are
cheap even by netbook standards nowdays), but it'll be worth it if it
leads to an ARM laptop with oodles of RAM. :)

I just have to figure out what chips are going to be compatible (need to
find a Micron product list) and then find out what DIMMs have them on
(I'm crossing my fingers that crucial.com support guys may be able to
tell me that).

My model is equiped with hynix chips, zoom on this picture: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hQ22i6s8WS0NirVCix-qrw?feat=directlink

If you change chips you might have to upate register configurations in arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-paz00-memory.c

However, I'm wondering how the bootstrap code would support new unknown RAM chips if they are not strictly compatible (I think RAM chips are described in the BCT partition, but its format is still unknown)

Good luck!
Gilles.