2011-09-20: Headphone sound, Caps lock, Power button, Lid switch

Hi,

Just a quick status update for everyone not watching IRC. We
now have the following things work in marvin24's kernel:

	* Audio via Headphone (leonro)
	* A rewritten nvec interrupt that should be more stable (me)

The following problems are new:

	* nvec_power gets garbage sometimes and thus might send
          garbage values to the system about the battery state
          or other things. That's harmless, though

In my branch[1], the following things are working as well (since
Tuesday/today/yesterday [in CEST sense], depending on when this
message gets out):

	* Caps Lock LED
	* Power button (not for resume yet)
	* Lid switch (that is close lid works, opening does nothing)
	* The "public" nvec API is now completely in an nvec "namespace"

In the works are:
	* Speaker support (leonro)
	* Fixing that nvec_power and friends problem (me)

My planned stuff includes:
	* HDMI audio support
	* Text documentation for nvec (for Documentation/)
	* Function keys (Brightness and friends)
	* More nvec cleanup

If you have any other wishes, let me know.

[1] https://gitorious.org/~jak/ac100/jaks-marvin24s-kernel
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.