Re: Some notes concerning nvec

Le dimanche 23 octobre 2011 17:28:31, Julian Andres Klode a écrit :
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:58:21AM +0200, Pierre-Hugues Husson wrote:
> We should probably rewrite it to use multiple led controls, as
> there are multiple LEDs AFAIK.
That's the only LED we actually want to control IMHO

> > 2. I had a look at caps lock handling: It doesn't use linux's reported
> > caps lock status which is wrong. It tries to guess by itself what
> > should be the status of the led
> > Ex: Enable caps lock on X, switch to terminal, led is still on, while
> > caps lock is not actualy activated.
> > Current code kind of tries to handle that in nvec_kbd_event, but it
> > doesn't have any effect.
>
> nvec_kbd_event is not called at all currently, that's why I hacked
> in the stuff we currently have (which is better than nothing for
> most workloads).
nvec_kbd_event is called for me... But only in X !?!
> > 5. I've found some weird commands:
> > auto_resume (it's right after mute/unmute commands, could be related)
> > value: 0x0d 0x10 0x40 0x11 argument(1byte)
> > suspend 0x0D 0x10 0x59 0xE9
> > resume 0x0D 0x10 0x59 0xE8
>
> I don't know what you mean.
I mean there are some totally unknown functions in original nvec code.
I tried them, but it didn't raise any noticeable effect :/
> > 6. Battery led can be software-controlled, I doubt that's of any use
> > though. Likewise, there is a set_power_led() function (0x0D 0x10 0x47
> > 0x81), i'm not sure what's its use, possibly to toggle power led (which
> > could be useful in night)
>
> It would be helpful to disable LEDs at night, right.
The set_power_led doesn't change power led, but battery led ...
The power led seems to be unstoppable.
> > 7.Keyboard keymap can be read from nvec, also there is some uuid
> > I'm not sure it's of much use, but could be nice to have (if used in
> > installer for example)
>
> I think that we want to have a completely different keymap than nvec
> is going to report. We want to have F1 and friends, and we want to
> have function keys for brightness/etc (which I haven't implemented
> yet)
I mean keymap's name, not full keymap.