Re: Suspend/resume problems -- wifi?

Le mercredi 11 avril, Marc Dietrich a écrit:
> Hi Julien,
>
> Am Sonntag, 8. April 2012, 04:55:02 schrieb Julien Puydt:
> > Le mercredi 07 mars, Julien Puydt a écrit:
> > > After some experiments, I finally noticed something : when wifi is
> > > off, then suspend/resume works much, much better. When wifi is on,
> > > then it's almost always freezing.
> >
> > After some more experiments, I'm able to reproduce the problem only
> > with wifi : in wicd-client, I just have to play with the wifi
> > controls in wicd-client. Stop the wifi, start it again, scan,
> > connect, disconnect, etc... I haven't noticed a particular order
> > which triggers the problem yet, but it makes it faster to get a
> > crash.
>
> instead of playing with wifi applets, you may just test the following
> in a terminal:
>
> 	rkill block all
>
> and suspend. After resume, you can reactive it with
>
> 	rfkill unblock all
>
> Please try. If this works, we can add it to some /etc/suspend.d
> directory or something like that.

You didn't get the gist of my mail : I don't need to suspend/resume to
kill the box.

I got problems with suspend/resume only because that triggered things
with respect to wifi.

There is a bug in the wifi driver, which I haven't been
able to pinpoint yet, but where killing/unkilling
connecting/unconnecting operations finally get the box down.

Snark on #ac100