Re: RAM Upgrade

On 05/16/2012 05:48 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Had an interesting comment earlier:
>
> http://www.altechnative.net/2012/01/04/alleviating-memory-pressure-on-toshiba-ac100/#comment-1236
>

> Is the BCT encoding of this information known/documented?

I hope all the relevant registers are documented in the TRM (which
despite the comment is indeed available to almost anyone; register to
become a registered Tegra developer at
http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-2-technical-reference-manual)

Then you'll need to correlate the BCT fields with those registers. I
don't believe we document the BCT format anywhere at the moment. You
might be able to work out the mapping by reading the field names in the
cbootimage textual BCT format; see
git://gitorious.org/trimslice-u-boot/trimslice-u-boot.git. Or trial and
error with a JTAG probe.

That all said, getting working SDRAM timing parameters for a new chip
without support from the NVIDIA memqual people who do this for a living
is likely to be extremely challenging. I would not recommend trying this.