image changes in ubuntu quantal (12.10)

hi,

as some might have noticed, ubuntu dropped the support for 2D desktops
from its default images, hardware needs to either be capable to do
GL/GLES out of the box or needs to be able to run llvmpipe as a fallback
mechanism ...

llvmpipe does not run on arm and the nvidia-tegra situation isnt golden
either, so a change for the ac100 images was required as we cant run the
default ubuntu images anymore ...

so i made a decision and switched the images from ubuntu-desktop to
lubuntu-desktop on last thursday for quantal under the assumption that
the smallest and lightest image in the ubuntu family will give us the
best end user results on the ac100 ...

with this change we now have a new download location at [1]. the set of
shipped default applications as well as the image size differ massively
 from former releases and you might be pleased to hear that the new
download is only ~400M big :)

please help testing the images if you consider a new installation on
your ac100 anyway :) we specifically need testing help around milestone
releases [2]

ciao
	oli

[1] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-preinstalled/current/