Re: [Question #207758]: How to use the internal mic? or just any microphone?

Question #207758 on AC100_enablement changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/207758

Andrey Danin posted a new comment:

You don't need to enable all capture items in alsamixer. It's better to use only few ot them.
For more information see:
http://ac100.grandou.net/mixer_settings#recording_sound_from_integrated_dmic

p.s.
I can't login to launchpad right now for some reason...

Wed, 05 Sep 2012 15:46:06 -0000 от Ivan Zakharyaschev <question207758@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Question #207758 on AC100_enablement changed:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/207758

Ivan Zakharyaschev confirmed that the question is solved:

Yes, it is possible. Moreover, the internal microphone can be used.

I simply ran alsamixer and switched on everything in the "caprture"

section (a whole lot of switches there!).

(gnome-alsamixer was not usable because its window didn't fit onto the

screen, and couldn't be scrolled horizontally.)

Then I could record sound without an external microphone, and with an

external microphone plugged-in (although I'm not sure whether that was

simply the sound from the internal mic).

Hmmm, why not make this setup more obvious?.. Having to choose something

in the whole lot of switches in alsamixer is confusing...

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.