Re: [Question #214637]: anyone experienced a dead touchpad on the AC100?

Question #214637 on AC100_enablement changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/214637

Ivan Zakharyaschev confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks to the message by Oliver Grawert
https://lists.launchpad.net/ac100/msg00085.html , the answer is known:

assumingly you used the F9 key (by accident or on purpose).
this key is wired to touchpad power on the hardware side (no way to work
around it in software) press it to toggle the touchpad on/off and see if
that works ....

(I've forgotten that I have been warned already:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-
ac100/+bug/1035208/comments/6 .)

BTW, can't this be detected by software, and a warning shown?

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.