[Question #229206]: How to get accelerated xv output ?

New question #229206 on AC100_enablement:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/229206

Hello,

I would like to get only 2d acceleration on AC100. That would allow at least video scaling.

I have followed the instructions at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/TEGRA/AC100#Graphics

I have tried  12.10 + nvidia proprietary drivers.

It seems that any application that uses xvideo is freezing the complete X window system.
(reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ac100/+bug/1178199 )

Is there any way to get xv output working ?
Is it conifrmed to work in certain configurations ?

I have noticed in nvidia's L4T driver packages that the latest that supports T20 harmony is R15.

https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files/akamai/tools/files/l4t/r15/Tegra_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R15_armhf.pdf
"The NVIDIA binaries provided for Ventana devices may be able to support
Tegra 2 devices code-named “Harmony”. Please note however that Harmony
support has been deprecated."

Is there a chance that a downgrade might solve this problem ?

Best
Vlad

AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.