ac100 team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: [Question #229206]: How to get accelerated xv output ?
Question #229206 on AC100_enablement changed:
Vlad Gheorghe posted a new comment:
Thanks for the response !
Some clarifications upfront..
* A similar note regarding Harmony deprecation is found in the release notes for R16.3
* I have also tried to use the instructions at ac100. grandou.net/hw_accelerated_video_playback
- for 12.10
- The link to the codecs package is broken. Instead, I have tried to unzip the codecs provided on the nvidia site in the root of the AC100.
- Instead of downloading, I've got the nvidia-tegra package installed using apt-get from the multiverse.
( I hope it's the same file)
* I have installed gnome-media as instructed, to get gstreamer-
* In gstreamer-properties
- audio configured, tested and works
- video set to nvxvimagesink, but test gives an error dialog 'Custom: could not link ffmpeccsp0 to nvximagesink0'
With this setup
- nvgstplayer does play h264, output window can be resized arbitrarily
- gst-launch playbin2 also works ( I guess they have much the same setup of gst)
- totem doesn't work - opens and stops at position 0 ( will add output in a later comment)
- any application using XV output seems to freeze the system (as reported in LP:1178199 )
- mplayer -vo xv
Is it possible to get libxv supprot on tegra ? Or video acceleration
can only be done via gstreamer ?
You received this question notification because you are a member of
AC100 Team, which is an answer contact for AC100_enablement.