Re: armel (soft-float) libflashplayer.so

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:04:49 +0200, Xerxes Rånby <xerxes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2013-09-24 13:58, Nicolás Wolovick skrev:
I used to have this file, but I cannot find it anymore, sorry.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I seem to recall that in the dim and distant past
    there was a soft-float version of libflashplayer.so
    from an ancient android port floating around.

    Unfortunately, I can no longer find it. the oldest
    version I can find, including the ones in the archives
    on the Adobe site, all seem to be hard-float,
    according to readelf -A (HardFP tag for SP and DP
    appears to be present).

    Unfortunately, I am running a soft-float distro on
    my AC100. Could anyone point me in the direction of
    where I might acquire a soft-float libflashplayer.so?

    I am quite certain I had it running on my AC100
    a long time ago, but since then I did a clean
    reinstall and lost the plugin.

    Gordan

The use the kotelett.no/ac100/phh/Android2.2/libflashplayer.so copy
stored by archive.org

sudo wget -O /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

http://web.archive.org/web/20120504024509/http://kotelett.no/ac100/phh/Android2.2/libflashplayer.so

I hadn't thought of archive.org. Nice one. :)

Unfortunately:
# readelf -A libflashplayer.so
Attribute Section: aeabi
File Attributes
  Tag_CPU_name: "7-A"
  Tag_CPU_arch: v7
  Tag_CPU_arch_profile: Application
  Tag_ARM_ISA_use: Yes
  Tag_THUMB_ISA_use: Thumb-2
  Tag_VFP_arch: VFPv3-D16
  Tag_ABI_PCS_wchar_t: 4
  Tag_ABI_FP_denormal: Needed
  Tag_ABI_FP_exceptions: Needed
  Tag_ABI_FP_number_model: IEEE 754
  Tag_ABI_align8_needed: Yes
  Tag_ABI_enum_size: int
  Tag_ABI_HardFP_use: SP and DP
  Tag_ABI_optimization_goals: Aggressive Speed

Unless I am wrong:
Tag_ABI_HardFP_use: SP and DP
implies a hard-float binary, does it not?

Wasn't there a libflashplayer.so once upon a time
that ran (even if poorly) on armv5tel and armv6l?

Gordan