account-payment-team team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~openerp-sepa-team/account-payment/account-payment-sepa-6.1 into lp:account-payment

Dear Ignacio,

I don't want to be rude, but it is a very very bad practise to copy-paste the code of someone else without keeping it's copyright on the code. Of course, the AGPL licence gives you the right to re-use my code and modify it, but you can't remove my copyright (Akretion's copyright in this case) and my name in the list of authors in the header of the python file. In the free-software world, people who do that often receive very harsh critics.

But let's suppose that this error was just ignorance of the good practise of the free-software community and not an intentional copyright violation. So, when you copy-paste the code of someone else in one of your python files and you modify it, you should put both your copyright and the copyright of the author of the code that you copy-pasted. For example, in sepa_pain/sepa_pain.py, you should put in the header :

# Copyright (C) 2013  Acysos S.L.
# Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Akretion (http://www.akretion.com)
# @authors: Ignacio Ibeas <ignacio@xxxxxxxxxx>
# @authors: Alexis de Lattre <alexis.delattre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It may seem like a small detail, but free-software developpers usually attach a lot of importance to this, so please make sure that you comply with these copyright rules.

Apart from the copyright issue, let's follow the discussion in the banking-addons-drivers team about the compatibility between the banking-addons and account_payment_extension. It's really sad that we duplicate the efforts on SEPA and propose several modules that do the same thing i.e. generate SEPA XML file. By the way, one of the major goals of OCA is to avoid to have several modules that do the same thing in the OCA branches. I can't help  thinking that, instead of spending time on this merge proposal + the sepa-tools project, you had spent the same amount of time working on the compatibility between account_payment_extension and the banking-addons, these two modules would already be compatible today :)

By the way, the merge proposal to update SEPA Credit Transfer and introduce SEPA Direct Debit in the banking-addons is currently under review here :

https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/70-sepa-trf-dd-updates/+merge/200019
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-sepa-team/account-payment/account-payment-sepa-6.1/+merge/200480
Your team Account Payment is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~openerp-sepa-team/account-payment/account-payment-sepa-6.1 into lp:account-payment.