acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: further problems 3810t ubuntu 64

Please try disabling AHCI in the BIOS instead of ACPI in the kernel boot
params, and see if that makes any difference.

--- SER

On Jun 29, 2009 6:46 AM, <boris.kairat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi @all!
In the meantime I installed Ubuntu 9.04 64BIT (2.6.28-11) on my 3810T (Intel
Core2 Solo; 4GB) and boot with option: libata.noacpi=1.
Now I have the following problems:

1. If you dimm the display to darkest (or nearly darkest) setting it starts
to flicker.
2. On battery the fan starts every 30 seconds - also if the cpu und the hdd
have nothing to do.
3. System shuts down instead of resuming.
4. The battery runs the system about 4 hours - not 8.

Any further help would be appreciated...
Greetings from Germany!