acertimeline team mailing list archive

Ubuntu 9.10 alpha 3

I just installed alpha 3 (since my alpha 2 died when my computer crashed in the middle of a apt-get upgrade), and there are still a few problems.

- with 2.6.31-3-generic, hibernate still works, and suspend still doesn't work. Still haven't found any clue as to why. - "sudo update-grub2" is needed after installation to find the Vista partition and add it to GRUB. This is a known bug. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/402795 - Intel Wireless doesn't work out of the box anymore. The problem seems to be related to RFKILL framework change in 2.6.31 (http://www.h-online.com/open/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-31-Part-1-New-Wi-Fi-drivers-and-other-network-related-changes--/news/113670). The RFKILL status seems to default to on (wireless disabled) on boot every time (btw, for those that don't know already, to toggle wireless, touch the wireless indication light). I have tried using the RFKILL utility found here - http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/rfkill, to no avail. The wifi device is "hard blocked". It seems like at least HP and Asus people are having problems with their laptops, too, but I didn't investigate into that further. The problem COULD be related to the acer_wmi module.

I didn't and still don't need any special kernel parameter since I have the SSD version, so I can't say if that's "fixed".

Everything else seems to work just like in alpha 2.